Friday 21 October 2011

365 Doodles - Day 293


A long time ago ... well, a couple of years ago anyway ... I worked as a cop. My hair was shorter, my beard was tidier and I had wages. I enjoyed being a cop although I wasn't actually very good at the catching the bad guy thing. But I was good at other stuff and had a very successful career first as a trainer, then as a training designer and then as part of a curious little Scotland Yard department that used innovative new techniques to tackle crime and community issues. It was great fun. Challenging work, but very rewarding.


Because I was involved in writing training courses and manuals for some very heavy subjects, including law and police procedure, I tried to lighten them a little with some illustrations. Today's crop of doodles are just some of the illustrations I ended up doing for various manuals and Powerpoint slides.





Oh, and in case you're wondering about the 'Stig' signature, that was my nickname for years and years and I used it for all of my cartoons. Sadly, the appearance of a chap in a white crash helmet on the BBC TV series Top Gear meant that I had to drop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment